The Chemical Industry requires a high level of engineering in the development of their plant with rigorous health and safety requirements for on-site workers. Conformance to industry standards is vital and we are proud to boast a high level of customer satisfaction due to our diligent approach and attention to detail on projects, both in the planning and build phase.
We have been working successfully in the Chemical Industry for over 25 years. As a company, we place a great deal of emphasis on the importance of safety and can offer the co-ordination services of our own IOSH accredited Health & Safety Director – Kerry Callear Dip. RSA Grad IOSH to oversee your projects.
Kerry has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations which is reflected in the compilation of our detailed and bespoke task appropriate RAMS. Adherence to this doctrine is instilled into all of our team of approved skilled tradesmen and coded welders.
Regular in-house training, helps us minimise risks and lower the potential for accidents to occur, enabling us to deliver your projects in a safe and timely manner. We are proud of our exemplary safety record (a copy of which is available upon request).
Examples of the relative regulations that JWCI Ltd work to:
- ATEX Equipment Directive 94/9/EC
- ATEX Workplace Directive 99/92/EC
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009 (CDG) Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (the Management Regulations)
- Consulting employees and safety representatives Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999 (COMAH)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR)
- Dangerous Substances (Notification and Marking of Sites) Regulations 1990 (NAMOS)
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Equipment and Protective Systems Intended for Use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 1996 (EPS)
- Food and Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) etc.
- Health and Safety Enforcing Authority Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Planning (Hazardous Substance) Regulations 1992
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
All of our coded welders are experienced in the safe delivery of the rigorous high standards essential in the chemical industry. Our quality services range from plant design and installation to process pipe-work including steam systems and CE approved general fabrication.
Examples of recent projects in the chemical sector include:
- Ecolab / Nalco
- Chemical Storage and Distribution
- Chemical Blending
- De-Cant Systems
- CIP Systems
- Chemical Dosing and Monitoring
JWCI provide a full design, manufacture, installation and maintenance service to their customers and this streamlined ‘one supplier’ approach means greater peace of mind for the client. Please get in touch for more information or to discuss your next project.